Friday, November 21, 2014

Words to Live By Block 10

Passion



Passion: a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something...
  
 I think this may also be another word for work.  Except it is work you LOVE.  I think that is how many of us feel about quilting.
  I had an art teacher in college that used to say great art is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.   He instructed us to get to know our medium until we really understood it.   
  I have learned so much with this project.  
If you are just joining us, we are making Lisa Bongean's Words to Live By Quilt  - a block each month.  Lisa is the designer of Primitive Gatherings and has hand selected all of the wool and cottons for this BOM kit.  It is not too late to join.  We still have 6 kits left!   


I take pictures of these appliques with the fusible web to help you with the placement.  I hope this is helpful since the camera doesn't always capture the difference in color and pattern.  Watch that oval - the fusible web may come apart as you are cutting the pencil pattern out.  Just re-position it when you press it to the wool.



This block has diamond leaves.  I traced the diamonds in two different patterns so that you could see how much space was left on the wool.  Either way is great.  I did like the nice little squares of wool left over on the right and left  pieces.  I thought the center diagram would be best but that just left me with a long scrap of wool.


I traced the vine lines for the embroidered vines with a sharp pencil.  
This is another block I am looking forward to embroidering - I like the larger pieces.  

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment