Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Words to Live By Block 11




                                             Courage




Another wonderful design!  I love the Laurel wreath pattern with the berries.   I know I am behind schedule...I apologize.  Hopefully I will be caught up tomorrow with Block 12.   My daughter became engaged over the holidays and we have been wedding planning.  We are all so excited.

If you are just joining us, we are making Lisa Bongean's Words to Live By Quilt  - a block each month.  Lisa is the designer of Primitive Gatherings and has hand selected all of the wool and cottons for this BOM kit.  It is not too late to join.  We still have 4 complete kits left!   We are almost finished, but we will leave the hints and pictures up for you.



Lots of small berries and leaves to trace.  I traced the small wool squares with a pencil on my fusible web.  That way I could fit all of the berries inside the small squares.   As you can see I also made good use of the center of the green circular vine.



So I was so careful with my leaves and circular vine when pressing.   Make sure to  "press in place".   Do not "iron" or your leaves and berries will move.  Even a shot of steam can blow off the berries.
The other hint I have for you (which I didn't do) is to take a quick picture with your phone before pressing.  I see now that a few of the leaves are lying closer to the vine than the others.  Had I noticed that before pressing, I would have moved them out just a little. 
I used a pencil to trace some pattern lines on the fabric - just a side of each leaf and the berries.   Also, trace the stems you will need to embroider.  I did this right after inking in the Courage letters, keeping the pattern and fabric in place.  

Happy Sewing

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey(。・∀・)ノ゙I'm new here~~Play Archeage?Follow 2archeage

    Cheap Archeage Gold ------ Archeage Gold

    ReplyDelete