- Cut 4 Green (or your color) squares 3 7/8" x 3 7/8"
- Cut 4 Red squares 3 7/8" x 3 7/8"
- Cut 2 Center print squares 3 7/8" x 3 7/8"
- Cut 6 White or background squares 3 7/8" x 3 7/8"
Sew 1/4" seam along each side of the marked pencil line. I used red thread on one square for you to see it better this week. Repeat this with all of the squares. Lightly press squares. Using your rotary cutter and ruler, cut each square right on the pencil line.
IMPORTANT - Press open your half-square triangles. Usually you press all seams to the dark side. But to create less bulk you will be pressing a few to the white or background side.
- Press 4 of the green half-square triangle block's seams towards the white or background side. These squares will go in each of the outside corners of your final block. Press the remaining half-square green triangles towards the green side.
- Press all of the red and white half-square triangle's seams to the red side. For the center red and cream half-squares triangles, press two to the cream center side and two to the red side.
Walaaaa. You have finished this fun and easy Whirlpool Block.
Now for fun! I have received a few pictures of finished Apple Pie Blocks. Please remember to send in pictures of your blocks. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to post them.
Colleen Fifield is making her sampler quilt out of the Willow fabric collection by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake Designs. This is a beautiful soft fabric collection.
To give you more ideas, I have worked up the Sampler Quilt with more of a Folk Art look - which I love.
Thank you all for sharing your blocks.