Broken Wheel or Rolling Stone
Quick Tip for the Day! From time to time you may see my scraps of batting that I use for thread collectors. This one is a work of art! Save those small squares and use them to dust your sewing space as you sew.
- Cut 1 square 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" for center patch
- Cut 2 strips 2 1/2" x 18", one of each of the coordinating fabrics. You will need 18" for the blocks so you may want to cut it just a little longer.
- Cut 4 squares 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" for corner square in a square patches
- Cut 12 white or background squares 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Cut 4 squares 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" from the same fabric you are using for the inside strip
Repeat the same process with the opposite corner of the large square, this time using a small background white square on the corner. Press seam to the outside of the square or towards the background fabric. Repeat the process on each of the other two corners.
And you have .....The Broken Wheel or The Rolling Stone Quilt Block
Please remember to send me pictures of your previous week's blocks so I can post them here!
And just to entice you......each week we will have a drawing with the names of those who submit their pictures for a
$10 Gift Certificate to use at SistersandQuilters.com.
Even if your making the blocks from scraps....we would love to post them!
Last weeks winner of the $10 Gift Certificate is ........
Congratulations Colleen. We will get that information out to you right away.
And here are your fun blocks!
Leisha completed her Whirlpool Block. Love these color combinations! Thanks Leisha for sharing your block.
The Christmas version. This is from scraps I had left over from a quilt two years ago. I have no idea what collection that cute green fabric is from. The blue is from Kate Spain.