This is one of my favorite blocks in this quilt along. I couldn't decide whether to put a print in that center star or leave it white. I ended up choosing white. You may choose to have a print for the inside star. You can also have the same print in the center which would really form a nice star. Below are a couple of options so you can see the difference.
- Cut 1 print square measuring 4 1/2" square for the center patch
- Cut 8 print (red) rectangles measuring 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- Cut 4 white/background squares measuring 2 7/8" square
- Cut 20 white/background squares measuring 2 1/2" square (if you choose to have your center star be a print then cut 8 prints squares and 12 white/background squares)
- Cut 4 print (yellow) squares measuring 2 7/8" square
- Cut 4 print (yellow) squares measuring 2 1/2" square
Repeat the same process, only place the 2 1/2" square at the base of the rectangle. Keep the diagonal in the same direction as the top triangle. Sew along the drawn lines. Trim. Press. THIS is where you would use the print squares if you want your block to have a print star.
Block will measures 12 1/2" square.
( some Razzleberry pie would be good about now)
Now for the fun
Congratulations again to Leisha!
Winner of a $10 gift certificate to Sisters & Quilters!
Key Lime Blocks from last week...........Don't you think this pattern looks dimensional?
Jeanenne's Key Lime Pie block. I am still loving this fabric collection. One of theses days I am going to be ordering a PB & J charm pack - I just know it! Beautiful work Jeanenne!
Leisha's Key Lime. She has mixed four different fabric collections here. Loving the taupe and navy! Wonderful block. I love that cute Indigo Crossing Navy Print with the little white flower.
Ansje's fun Key Lime. I love the black in your quilt. In this block...the center pops. Wonderful block Ansje!
Ansje - this just makes me smile. You made my day. What a beautiful and cheerful quilt this is going to be. So fun! I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks so much for the picture.
Thanks so much ladies for the pictures. Anyone else out there in the sky/cloud whatever :) Send us your pictures. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org